Just recently, I enjoyed some Italian Love Cake when we celebrated a colleague’s birthday at work. I’d been told I would love the cake, that it was moist, chocolatey, and simply delicious. Boy was that an understatement! This cake is rich, moist, and unlike other cakes you’ve had before. Let’s take a peek at the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13×9″ pan. (I tend to use a baking spray that has the flour incorporated.)
- Prepare the cake as directed on the package.
- Pour the mix into the baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the ricotta, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture of the unbaked cake. Smooth out the top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for one hour. Let the cake cool completely.
While the cake cools, make the frosting.
- In a large bowl, mix the pudding and milk. Combine thoroughly.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the frosting over the top of the cake.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Consider serving the cake with a cup of good coffee or hot tea. As it is quite rich, you likely won’t want ice cream alongside it; although, I could be wrong. 🙂
I would love to hear your thoughts about this tasty treat after you make it.